At Not Just Another Dance Studio we believe that wearing appropriate dancewear sets the student up for success in their dance class. Appropriate dancewear also encourages discipline and focus while in class. Students are expected to come to class ready to dance. There is no specific colour or style required for our classes…half the fun for students is deciding what outfit to wear to dance class each week and suits your child’s style! Any style/brand of dance shoes are acceptable. NOTE: Outdoor shoes are NOT permitted in the studio.
We sell Dancewear and Dance Shoes! Effective September 2021 we will be selling dancewear and shoes to make it easier for our Dance Families.
- Dance with Me – Parent or caregiver and dancers should wear comfortable clothing that they can move in. i.e. stretchy pants and a t-shirt, bodysuit, tights etc. Dance shoes such as gymnastics slippers, or bare feet are appropriate.
- Creative Movement for Tots or Pre-Dance – Students should wear comfortable tight-fitting clothing that they can move in. i.e. Body suit, tights, dance skirt or stretchy pants and a t-shirt (no jeans or restrictive clothing). Dance shoes or gymnastics slippers.
- Acro – Any colour/style of dancewear i.e. bodysuit or biketard and tights (footless or convertible). Bare feet only. Please no dance skirts. Hair tied back i.e. French braid or ponytail.
- Ballet – Any colour/style of bodysuit, flesh toned ballet tights, ballet shoes (leather or canvas) and hair in a bun.
- Contemporary – Any colour/style of dance wear i.e. bodysuit or biketard and tights. Bare feet or half soles. Hair in a ponytail.
- Hip Hop – Clothing that students can move in i.e. dance wear, shorts, t-shirt, athleticwear etc. (no jeans). Clean indoor running shoes. Hair in a ponytail.
- Hip Hop/Jazz Funk – Anything listed under Jazz or Hip Hop.
- Jazz – Any colour/style of dance wear i.e. bodysuit/tights, biketard, crop-top/shorts, jazz shoes (any style i.e. canvas or leather jazz shoe, half soles) and hair in a ponytail.
- Musical Theatre – Athleticwear or dancewear, and any dance shoe.
- Tap – Any colour/style of dancewear i.e. bodysuit/tights, biketard, tap shoes and hair in a ponytail.
- Adult – Dancewear or activewear i.e. yoga pants with a t-shirt. Dance shoes or bare feet are acceptable for Ballet, Jazz and Contemporary classes. Any style/colour of tap shoes are required for Tap classes, and clean/indoor running shoes for Hip Hop classes. Hair should be pulled back.
- Heels – Whatever makes the dancer feel like their BEST SELF. Body suit and fishnets, leggings and a crop top, booty shorts and a t-shirt-from athletic to sexy, anything that makes you feel good about you. Shoes that have ankle support, (having a strap or something around the ankle for safety) and open toe is generally easier (but that’s a personal choice as well).